’Tis the season to drink with cheer. With awkward office parties and your mother asking when you’re going to get married for the 200th time, it wouldn’t hurt anyone to have a good drink. As a former bartender & holiday enthusiast, I know the need for good, festive cocktails. I pulled these recipes off a thorough Pinterest search but don’t you worry. My girls and I had a Christmas movie marathon and tried them all out for ya. So bring on the ice, the booze, and the Christmas spirits with these cocktails.
Frozen White Christmas Margarita
For those who are torn between loving summer and loving the holidays, this one’s for you. Get ready by riming glasses with a lime wedge and sugar. Next, simply blend the coconut milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and ice in a blender.
Voila, welcome to summer in December.
- 1 (14-oz.) can coconut milk
- 12 oz. silver tequila (Silver tequila is the key)
- 8 oz. triple sec
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup mint, for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds for garnish
- Lime wedge, for rimming glass
- Sanding sugar, for rimming glass
- Cranberries, for garnish
If you needed an extra excuse to drink wine, here it is. This recipe is great for a party pitcher or a festive personal day. Just mix all the ingredients below. If you are making this ahead of time, mix everything but add the ginger beer right before serving so the bubbles don’t go flat. Now, welcome to the most wonderful kind of wine.
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- 3 oranges, cut in slices
- 3 pears, cut in slices
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) ginger beer (I love Seagram’s!)
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 (750ml) bottle white wine (The $4 stuff is fine.)
There’s eggnog. Then, there’s an even better eggnog. For those with a Christmas sweet tooth, this one’s perfect. Combine the kahlua, vodka, and eggnog in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it like the bartenders on TV and strain it into a glass. Top with as much whipped cream as your heart desires. Welcome to Christmas vacation.
- 1 part Kahlua
- 1 part vodka
- 2 parts eggnog
- whipped cream (the more the merrier)
What is a holiday cocktail without some peppermint? Plus, after this martini, your breath will be in perfect shape for mistletoe. Shake the peppermint vodka and Bailey’s over ice and strain into a martini glass. Top it with a cute candy cane and you are the hostess with the most-ess.
- 1.25 oz Smirnoff Peppermint Twist (Any peppermint vodka is perfect!)
- 0.5 oz Bailey’s Original Irish Cream Liqueur
- Candy canes
You’ll jingle all the way with this pretty in pink cocktail. It’s also brunch friendly so it’s basically something everyone can get on board with. In a large pitcher, combine all the ingredients over ice. You could also put an ounce of vodka with equal parts champagne and 7-up in champagne flutes for individual serving. Either way, super cute and super delicious.
- 1 bottle (750ml) whipped cream vodka
- 1 bottle pink Champagne or sparkling Rosé (My fav!)
- 1 2-liter bottle Cherry 7-up
- Cranberries for garnish, optional
Cranberry Whiskey Sour
There is something about cool weather and whiskey. It’s almost goes together as well as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Combine the ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Stir well and throw into a cup. Cheers!
- 2 oz. Kentucky bourbon (Recipe calls for Russell’s Reserve but any Kentucky bourbon is fine.)
- 1.5 oz. cranberry juice
- 1 oz. sweet and sour
- You can buy this at the liquor store but if you feel inspired, you could you make your own with the instructions here.
The best thing about the holidays is you can be as cute as you want without judgement. This melted snowman martini is cute and tasty with a throwback to college happy hour – with a shot of Fireball. Shake well and pour, sprinkle with powdered sugar, and garnish with Wilton Snowman Candy. There you have it!
- 2 oz vanilla vodka
- 1 oz Fireball cinnamon whiskey
- 1 oz Rumchata
- 1 oz Half & Half
- Wilton Snowman Candy
- This is not necessary – just really cute.
Oh, what tidings of good joy do good drinks bring. These cocktails are perfect with your friends, family, or most importantly, your pup. Cheers to a happy holiday and may your drinks be festive and bright.