This Submitting Writer Agreement (“Agreement“), effective as of the date of submission, is between Slutty Girl Problems LLC (“SGP”) and the submitting author (“Author”).
This Agreement sets forth the conditions under which Author provides content (including but not limited to articles, tweets, ideas, and/or photos) to Slutty Girl Problems LLC.
1. SERVICES. Author shall provide the following services (“Content”):
- Submit attached articles, photos, texts, videos, ideas, or other content to SGP for use on any websites, social media, and current or future works, publications, and mediums.
CONTENT. Author agrees that all Content meet the following standards:
- Adhere to and promote the values of SGP’s mission statement: “To entertain, educate, and empower young women (and men) to feel confident, take control, and discuss their sex lives openly without shame, judgement, or double standards.”
- Original to Author. Content is not written or owned, either in part or in full, by another individual or party. Content has not been copied or previously published, such to violate any copyright or intellectual property rights, including republication of one’s own work. Author has the right to publish Content.
- Content properly cites any quoted, referenced, or otherwise republished material that is used (including but not limited to quotes, passages, research findings, and photos).
- Does not victimize, harass, degrade, attack, defame, or intimidate an individual or group of individuals for any reason, including on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other status.
- Does not promote or encourage and illegal, unsafe, harmful, or unhealthy behaviors, including but not limited to, unsafe sex, nonconsensual sex, assault, underage drinking, binge drinking, drug use, or eating disorders.
- Does not contain pornography, graphic imagery, erotica, or excessive adult content.
- Follow any provided templates and guidelines.
- Does not contain any outside links to other websites. Any outside links will be removed.
- Once a post is accepted, we have the right to publish it. We will not remove it after it is published.
3. PAYMENT. It is agreed and understood by both parties that Content submission is unpaid. Author may use contributions to SGP as writing exposure and experience. Experience can be used for resumes, college applications, work reference, personal reference, or other associated endeavors. Author may have a unique page on sluttygirlproblems.com archiving all contributions, in which he or she may provide links to his or her Twitter account or other works in the Bio section, upon the approval of SGP. Upon the approval of SGP, Author may also have a signature line on each contribution, with a short bio and links to Twitter and/or other works. Author acknowledges and understands that he or she shall not be entitled to any royalties of any type in reference to Content submitted unless otherwise agreed to in writing by both parties. Author is encouraged to apply for a Contributing Writer position should Author desire employment and associated privileges.
4. OWNERSHIP OF PROPERTY. Author agrees that all submitted works and Content is a “Work for Hire” under the Copyright Act; and to the degree that Content are not deemed to be a “Work for Hire” under the Copyright Act by a court of law, Author hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in the Content to SGP indefinitely, including all copyrights and any other rights in law or equity (including but not limited to other derivative works of any kind). SGP has the right to publish, edit, disperse, advertise, alter, or otherwise use said Content at any time, in any way, in part or in full, anywhere, with or without notice or recognition. SGP reserves the right to not use Content at its sole discretion. Author cannot publish, market, sell, or otherwise use any Content submitted to SGP on other blogs, sites, journals, books, news, or other media outlets. Author may link to published Content, provided that he or she follow appropriate citation, reference, and linkage guidelines, such to bring readers directly to published Content on site. Author has the right to request that his or her personal legal name be removed from Content and/or the site. SGP reserves the right to publish, edit, disperse, maintain, or otherwise use the pen name and/or username of Author on media and future works, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. Author does not have the right to publish, disperse, sell, maintain, or otherwise use pen name or username in other publications or social media in any way during or after Term.
5. TERM AND TERMINATION. This Agreement begins on the effective date of submission, and continues indefinitely, without termination. It is understood by both parties that any materials submitted shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement, indefinitely. Any confidential materials given to Author will be returned to SGP and kept confidential, as defined by Section 7.
6. RELATIONSHIP OF PARTIES. It is understood by the parties that Author is an independent contractor with respect to SGP, and not an employee of SGP. As such, SGP is not required to provide fringe benefits, including insurance, paid vacation, or any other employee benefit, to Author. Author does not have right to any media outlets or content developed in part or in full by SGP.
7. CONFIDENTIALITY. Author understands that entering into this Agreement with SGP, Author may come into contact with and/or learn about privileged information pertaining to SGP. Author agrees not to divulge, disclose, or communicate in any manner, either directly or indirectly, any information that is confidential to SGP without expressed written consent. Author will protect such information and treat it as strictly confidential. This provision shall continue to be effective after the termination of this Agreement. Upon termination of Agreement, all confidential materials, such as Twitter accounts, passwords, and e-mail addresses, are understood to be the property of SGP. Author shall return any confidential materials to SGP immediately upon termination, and remove him or herself from association and engagement with all such materials.
8. INDEMNIFICATION. Author will indemnify and hold SGP harmless for any claims, matters, complaints, liabilities, and actions arising out of Author’s association with or contributions to SGP.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement, whether oral or written.
10. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If a court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited, to the maximum extent permissible.
11. JURISDICTION. This Agreement is subject to and enforced under any applicable federal laws and regulations, shall be governed by the laws of New Jersey, and falls under the jurisdiction of the county of Burlington in the state of New Jersey.