Slutty Girl Problems has an immediate opening for a sex-positive, passionate, energetic, and self-motivated Ad Sales & Marketing Manager!
A little bit about us: Slutty Girl Problems is sex-positive, feminist media brand with daily content designed to entertain, educate, and empower self-identified women to embrace their sexuality. Our inspiring content encourages women to feel confident, take control, and discuss their sex lives openly without shame, judgment, or double standards. We advance the sex-positive conversation, support fellow women, and shed light on the issues we face. Our work has been featured on Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Bustle, YourTango, Thrillist, Elite Daily, Playboy, Maxim, The Guardian, Metro, The Stir, and more. With over 5 million readers and over 450K followers worldwide, we are a powerful voice for the sex-positive, millennial woman.
This remote sales and marketing position is a fantastic opportunity for a sex-positive freelancer with outstanding communication skills, a strong sales background, and a passion for our mission. Your role will research and uncover new revenue opportunities and cultivate and nurture existing client relationships. The right candidate will have experience selling advertising space and products across multiple digital platforms, including web, social media, email, and affiliate marketing. You will be comfortable prospecting both hot and cold leads with follow-ups and phone calls, and client-facing communication and relationship management, with a proven track record as a strong closer. Experience working within a small team and closely with upper management is a plus, as is the ability to bring your own ideas, methodologies, and processes to streamline our sales and marketing process for success!
- At least one to two years of digital ad sales experience, with a proven track record of closing deals
- Experience in the adult industry or an adjacent industry including publishing is a plus
- Awareness of marketing best practices, particularly across social media platforms and regarding influencer campaigns
- Extremely comfortable with companies, products, and conversations regarding sexuality, sex toys, and feminine products
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in professional and sales capacities
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Comfortable working closely with CEO and upper management, and creative team to project manage deliverables
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail, and ability to organize clients, projects, and deadlines
- Ability to coordinate and delineate duties to the rest of the team
- Ability and drive to not just meet, but exceed monthly sales goals and expectations
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing ad copy for website and social media campaigns
- Familiarity and passion for our vibrant community and industry a must
- Basic knowledge of Canva or another design platform with the ability to create and update sales and marketing collateral such as price sheets and our media kit
- Knowledge of Asana or similar team collaboration tool
- Proficiency in WordPress to be able to upload and post campaigns
- Ability to creatively contribute to campaigns with copy writing insight and ideas
- Proficiency creating and editing newsletter templates in Mailchimp a plus
Must be comfortable working in a remote, flexible environment with access to your own computer and cell phone
Ability to commit to one meeting per week, and work flexible hours multiple days throughout the week
- Hourly rate commensurate with experience, with monthly bonuses based on sales goals
- 100% remote work
- A supportive, fun, and casual work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Holidays and weekends off
- Opportunities to attend industry events
- Opportunities to receive free product
- Successfully convey the mission, brand, and values of Slutty Girl Problems to prospects, clients, and other stakeholders through verbal and written communication and collateral.
- Spearhead active lead generation through researching brands, building lists, and reaching out via email, social media, and phone to cultivate new potential partnerships and clients.
- Act as the external face of the company by generating and managing all paid advertising and affiliate partnership opportunities, while creating new relationships and developing and managing existing relationships.
- Develop unique sales proposals, marketing offerings, and pricing that is in line with client demand, industry and media trends, and our company values and goals.
- Maintain an organized database of client outreach and advertising packages to keep track of relationships for easy reporting to the CEO and team.
- Keep track of sales and submit biweekly and/or monthly reports that effectively communicate sales and marketing campaign progress to the CEO.
- Write ad copy and content for web and social media campaigns – excellent writing skills are a must!
- Manage the ad process from start to finish, including communicating deadlines with reviewers, tracking incoming products, and communicating deadlines and creatives with our creative development team.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with the subject line Sales & Marketing Manager, and if your qualifications suit the position we will be in touch!
Slutty Girl Problems LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This application will not be used for limiting or excluding any applicant from consideration on the basis of gender, race, orientation, disability, or other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or interview process should notify a representative of the organization. I understand that any materials I submit throughout the application process, and during potential time of employment, becomes the property of Slutty Girl Problems LLC.